Thursday, March 22, 2012

Whoops...

Weight- 162 (... read on.)
Food mistakes make this week- 1 (but a reeeeally big one.)
Dress sizes dropped- almost one full one (that's what I'm talking about!)
Days until I can stop counting down- 99 (gracious)
Nights when I should have worked out but didn't- 1 (I think that's totally reasonable)
Days since last update- 12 (I SUCK at this game.)
Times I regretted not measuring myself when this started- oh, thousands...

Inches are worth more than pounds. Inches are worth more than pounds. INCHES are worth MORE than POUNDS. I have to keep telling myself that.
I think the reason why I've let this poor blog nap for the last 12 DAYS is that I was unhappy with the total lack of scale movement. After the initial 4 pound loss success at the beginning, the scale has not changed in weeks. I was sad to see it. Like, really sad. In past dietary exploits, this always happens, and I often use it as an excuse to give up.
However, it's a bit different this time. Instead of relying on the scale, I've been looking in the mirror and... wow. It's really happening. My body is starting to reshape itself. My arms are wobbling less. My stomach is flatter. My back doesn't fold over itself (as much). My thighs are... still gross, but my calves, though larger than I'd like, are super shapely, and my boobs are definitely perkier. I couldn't find my measuring tape when I started this (that was such a mistake) but judging from the way my clothes are fitting, I am down almost a full dress size. And THAT, comrades, smells like victory. I honestly don't think that my pound loss goal is practical, given the amount of fat that I'm replacing with lean muscle and given the time left (99 days, yikes!) However, I'm getting leaner. LEANER. It's the most beautiful word in the world.
I'm starting back up with Chalean Extreme this week. For the remainder of the 90 days, I'm going to be focusing on muscle training AND cardio. And narrowing my calories down more. I'm eat hundreds less per day than I was before, but I can do better. All it takes is a little more dedication.
I'll probably see the scale go up in the next few weeks (building more muscle) BUT I'll also be spending more time in front of the mirror, trying on the medium/size ten clothes that are now starting to fit me. And I'll be reminding myself... inches matter more than pounds.
ARGH. I just want some pizza.

No comments: